Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking, brainstorming, innovating and sharing.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.8 million pageviews with 3700+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 5/19/2017
- The Digital BoD’s Leadership Inquiries Leadership is all about future and changes. Leaders set principles, open to criticism, and take the risk for innovation. Leadership is composed of three characteristics: Substance, skills, and styles. Contemporary corporate boards play the critical role in strategy oversight, business advising/monitoring. They also set the digital leadership tones and advocate changes. They are the mastermind behind the digital transformation
- The Metaphorical Perception about Digital Transformation: The shift to digital cuts across industrial sectors, geographic territories, and leadership roles. The digital transformation is now spreading rapidly to enable organizations of all shapes and sizes to reinvent themselves. Change is inevitable, and the speed of change is increasing. Although we have to change with the "tide," we have to stand firm on our principles which would guide us to change for better and forward. We have to engage our sixth sense to decipher when to make incremental changes, and when to make a big leap. We also have to re-imagine "the art of possible," and convey a clear vision with vivid analogs or metaphorical perceptions about digital transformation, to make the journey foresightful, fun, innovative, goal driven and laser focus.
- The Monthly “CIO Master” Book Tuning: The Multiple Personas of Digital CIO Role May. 2017? Compare to the other executive positions, the CIO role continues to be shaken up, refined, reinvented and reenergized. The magic “I” of the CIO title sparks many imaginations and modern CIOs need to wear different hats and play multiple roles.
- Running a Goal-Driven Digital IT IT plays a critical role in enabling business and driving digital transformation. However, Information & Technology is not for its own sake, but to catalyze the business growth and improve the organizational competency. IT has to learn the business; be the business and become the business. CIOs have to provide the foresightful leadership for running a goal-driven digital IT and achieve the high-performance business result both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Decipher the Ideal Digital Workplace & Workforce Compared to traditional industrial organizations running as a mechanical system, digital organizations are more like the living things which need to grow more organically and become more fluid to adapt to changes with self-renewal capabilities. In an ideal digital workplace, the organizational structure is solid enough to keep people or things in order; but fluid enough to keep information and idea flow. What are further perspectives to decipher the ideal digital workplace and nurture the creative and productive digital workforce
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.